Monday 4 February 2013

My First Post

Hi there and welcome to my blog, this is my first time making a blog so please ignore any mistakes I make as I'm learning this as I go along.

For my first post I suppose it would be a good idea to introduce myself a little to everyone and explain how i got started so here goes, my name is Beth or ScaryMidget :) . I am 21 years old and come from Stourbridge. I am really into anything Japanese; Anime, Manga, the language, the culture etc. I am a very creative person, always taking on new projects and learning new skills.

I first got started with amigurumi/crochet earlyish last year when after being an avid knitter I realised there wasn't many patterns I liked that was on a beginner level and I seemed to have alot of trouble with the needles, so when I saw some of the things people could created using crochet I decided to take up this new skill. 

Unfortunately I couldn't find anyway to learn this skill as there was no-one in my family who knew the skill and there wasn't any classes in my area. While doing some research on crochet I came across 'Amigurumi' and was immediately intrigued as this was something to do with a new skill I wanted to learn and best of all was to do with my interest of anything Japanese. I of course quickly started looking for books to learn this new skill.


I searched through quite a few books before on amazon I found a brilliant book called Ami Ami Dogs written by the talented Mitsuki Hoshi (link below) and quickly started reading and I must say this is the best book I found to learn from because after only a few short weeks I went from only being able to make a small chain to knowing all the basics and being able to make a half decent attempt at one of the dogs in the book I am very proud of my first attempt and since then have made alot more different things and will continue to share them on this blog and may make a few free patterns as I get better and improve my skills





My First Attempt
My First Attempt





*the pattern for this dog came from the book Ami Ami dogs so if you are interested in the pattern please support Mitsuki Hoshi and buy their book

 
 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ami-Dogs-Seriously-Cute-Crochet

And I love my BF!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment